Wednesday, January 20, 2016

STUDENT SUCCESS: MY MOTIVATIONAL MORNING ROUTINE


I've learned that morning routines are key to having a productive day, so it only made since to kick off my Student Success series with my own personal morning routine! I've been working on perfecting it for the past few months since I'm still learning how to balance my schedule with classes, work and blogging and I think I've come pretty close to having the perfect mix between relaxing and productive (with the exception of sleeping in until 10 a.m. every once in a while...oops!) to give me the motivation I need to make every day a great day! Here's a little peek inside my mornings...

STEP 1: SHOWER

I cannot even think about starting my day without showering first. Showering the minute I get out of bed immediately wakes me up. Even though getting in the shower first thing in the morning might not be the most appealing (especially in the cold winter months), I make it more "fun" by using products that smell really good and feel really good on my skin. I've been loving my Juice Beauty cleansing milk along with my Michael Todd cleansing brush to wash my face- it's really helped with my pores and redness! I also just recently discovered Soap & Glory and I'm obsessed with everything I've tried so far (I've decided that thisthis and this are never leaving my shower.) The John Frieda everlasting blonde shampoo and conditioner are always a favorite, they keep my blonde hair looking bright and fresh!

STEP 2: EAT BREAKFAST AND HAVE COFFEE

Coffee would definitely be my first priority in the morning if it wasn't for showering... after all, the brightest ideas always start with a cup of coffee! Coffee is essential for me to stay awake in all of those boring lectures during the week, plus it's a nice treat in the morning! Breakfast is also a very important part of my morning routine, without it I honestly couldn't function! Right now my go-to meal is two whole-wheat waffles with peanut butter, some fruit and my coffee with a little splash of almond milk; it's satisfying and keeps me full until lunchtime! 

STEP 3: PLAN OUT MY DAY

While I'm eating breakfast I like to plan out my day, or if I've already done it the night before I like to take a look through my planner and see what the rest of my day is going to look like. I like to make to-do lists of everything I want to accomplish in the morning and then check them all off during the day as I complete the task- checking off the boxes is my favorite thing!

STEP 4: CHECK SOCIAL MEDIA / WORK ON HOMEWORK

While I'm still sipping on my coffee I'll pull out my laptop and catch up on some blog posts, scroll though instagram (@filetostyle) and check my e-mail. I'll also use this time to complete any unfinished homework I might have, or have a last-minute study session before a test/quiz. 

STEP 5: GET READY 

The final step in my little routine is probably my favorite... getting ready! My go-to winter uniform has been an easy striped shirt with a fun scarf and my new favorite Tory Burch flats! I like to be comfy but still put-together no matter where I'm going, and this outfit combo never fails! 


I'm pretty simple when it comes to my beauty routine, but over the past few months I've found a few of my tried and true favorites I thought I would share! I wear my Tory Burch perfume almost every day, I love the scent so much especially because it has hints of peony in it! I really like to play up my eyes and I've found that the benefit roller lash makes my eyelashes look thick and curly while lasting all day, and I recently picked up this physician's formula eyeliner and I love it! It lasts all day without smudging around my eyes and it's easy to take off. Finally my Bare Minerals original foundation will always be my go-to because it's quick and easy!

And that's my morning routine! I do like to wake up a few hours prior to when I know my classes start to ensure I have enough time to do everything I want, and my mornings always end up being my favorite time of the day! Let me know in the comments below what your morning routine is, I'd love to know! 
XOXO
Angela








No comments:

Post a Comment