Monday, July 25, 2016

AROUND TOWN // BEACH VACATION

Is it just me or does this feel like the Monday-est Monday ever...?! Somehow that's always the case the day after you get home from a vacation! If you follow our Instagram and stay up to date with our blog, you would know I spent a week at the beach up north! It was so much fun to relax and spend endless hours by the water- so today I wanted to share some of the highlights of the week!

PS- If you're from MI, or are planning on visiting you have to check out Traverse City! There are so many fun things to do, and Downtown Traverse City is the cutest!

PHOTO #1: LATTE BY THE BAY


I love a good latte, especially lavender lattes! (I know it might sound odd, but trust me- try one!) My favorite little coffee spot downtown is Espresso Bay... OMG their iced lavender lattes are addicting! Now I'm wishing I had one, maybe I can figure out how to DIY one?!

PHOTO #2: DONUT DISTURB


I think my donut pool float has quickly become one of my favorite purchases this summer! There's nothing better than floating in a cute tube out on the bay on a hot day while watching all the sail boats float by.

PHOTO #3: DUNE BERRY


My favorite shop up north is Dune Berry because they have the cutest selection of Lilly Pulitzer, Sail to Sable, Vineyard Vines and so much more! Of course I couldn't leave without a little souvenir... I was debating between this and this, but I ended up with the beautiful swing dress pictured! It's so comfy and perfect for throwing on in the summer!

PHOTO #4: DUNE CLIMB


The sleeping bear dunes are one of my favorite things to visit... however my dad somehow talked me into doing the dune climb all the way to Lake Michigan which is about 3 miles round trip. Usually 3 miles is nothing to me, but when you're walking on nothing but sand while going uphill and downhill while its 90 degrees outside... it adds up to a pretty good workout! I will say I'm glad I did it, and the view at the end really was worth the hike, but I won't be jumping at the chance to do it again anytime soon!

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my week at the beach! Now I can't believe that summer is almost over!

XOXO
Angela & Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment