Friday, August 5, 2016

SHOP SPOTLIGHT // THE TINY TASSELL

Happy Friday, friends! If you follow us on our Instagram page as well as here on the blog, you might have picked up on a few pink and navy striped pens that we've been very excited about! We can't spill too much about that just yet- but stay tuned because exciting things are happening really soon! So, since we are still learning all the ins and outs of business we recruited the help of some of our favorite shops and brands to participate in our new blog series "Shop Spotlight"!! In this series we get to learn more about what it's like to have a business of your own as well as introduce you to some seriously awesome shops!

Today we are so excited to kick off this series with our friend Mimi's adorable etsy shop- The Tiny Tassel! (Trust us, you won't be able to resist the cute necklacesbracelets, and earrings she offers!)


1.) What inspired you to start The Tiny Tassel?
It all started with a pair of hot pink tassels! The Tiny Tassel was created almost a year ago (!!) when I found myself obsessed with tassels! I got to work making tiny tassels and who knew it'd become such a hit!


2.) How do you come up with new designs for products?
I find inspiration for new designs everywhere! Whether it's ideas from friends or color inspo from my drink at dinner, I always find myself thinking of new tassel creations. With each design I know that it's something that I'd love to wear and I hope that others will enjoy them too! 

3.) Do you have any tips for someone who is interested in starting their own online shop?
Organization, an open mind & no hesitation will truly push you in the right direction of starting your own business! Don't be afraid of sharing new ideas & products ideas with others, chances are they'll love it!! I have a few friends & family members that I can run my ideas by and its always great to hear their feedback! 



4.) What are 3 things that you always have on your desk?
A bright pink pen, tassel threads & a bowl of Black Forest candies for a little extra brain food of course!


5.) What tools do you use to stay organized?
My planner, can't go a day without writing shop plans or making notes for an order.

My cellphone-- whether it's setting reminders or contacting someone through social media, this helps so much with my little business! 

Making a list! I make a daily to-do list of all things tassels! 

A big thanks to Mimi for being our first feature in this fun series! Make sure to check out her shop on Etsy, The Tiny Tassel!

XOXO, 
Angela & Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment