Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A VERY BLUEBERRY OATMEAL

Today we are stepping a bit out of our comfort zone of the typical file to style posts and share a quick  recipe that is too delicious not to share with our readers.

Mornings are always so hectic in my house between getting ready for work, unloading dishes, switching laundry, catching up with emails, thumbing through my insta feed (and now watching insta stories) I needed a quick and healthy breakfast.

After our trip to the farmer's market I bought way to many blueberries.  I mean how was I supposed to resist the cuteness of how they were displayed in their teal containers.  So simple yet so irresistible.

I absolutely love blueberry pancakes but reserve those to the weekends when I have more time to cook.  For the weekdays I came up with something I could fix in under 2 minutes.  Blueberry Oatmeal.

Ingredients:
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
1/2 cup of blueberries
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon



Directions:

Bring water to a boil then stir in oats.  



Add blueberries, honey and cinnamon.  Stir for 1 min.  Remove from heat and let stand for 3 mins to cool.  Enjoy!!



See I told you it was super easy, quick and healthy.  I've even thought of adding more things like raisins or almonds.  

Hope you get a chance to try this and let us know how you like it.

xoxo,
Amy and Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment